- Veterinarian Survey 2020
- What is compounding?
- Facts About FDA's Guidance for Industry #256
- Why Compounding Pharmacies Use Bulk Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Why Compounding from Finished Goods Will Increase Costs
- The Case for Office Use of Compounded Medications
- Anticipatory Compounding: An Important Part of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy or Manufacturer? Size Doesn't Matter.
- The Negatives About FDA’s “Positive List.”
- The Law
Drug shortages have been a perennial issue for veterinarians.
The issue is again gaining interest because demands related to treating COVID-19, the disease caused by the Novel Coronavirus, is causing pressure on the supply of drugs for animal health. Here’s a blog post written in 2012 by a veterinary ophthalmologist on one of our sponsor’s websites that reviews the causes of drug shortages in veterinary medicine. It’s just as relevant and instructive today as it was when first published.